Massage Courses Nelson, New Zealand
Raynor massage combines traditional deep tissue techniques with World massage styles like Shiatsu, Thai Massage and reflexology. We have been teaching Raynor massage courses in New Zealand for more than 15 years.
Learn To Massage
Raynor Massage is very different to most other massage therapies available. We have a holistic understanding of the body, recognizing that both physical and emotional tension will have a negative impact on the physical body. Massage treatments are popular for many conditions, such as stress, pain or restriction in mobility. We do not treat symptomatically or only focus on problem areas. Nor do we perform a light ‘relaxation massage’ designed to give short term relief. Instead, we know that it is important to treat the tension which is so often the root cause of pain and restriction.
Our intensive method of training suits mature people who want to quickly learn an effective and popular style of massage. You can start working as a massage therapist within a few weeks because we have worked hard to ensure that our courses are practical and hands-on. What we want is for you to learn by massaging instead of learning theory. To this end, we offer an intensive 5 day Certificate Course as well as a Diploma Course and our Advanced Practitioners Diploma Course. Students at our courses will be massaging and practicing techniques every day.
Learn Practical Skills
Whether it’s the Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma Course, all of our courses focus on practical skills. Generally speaking, our students spend 80% of class hours practicing, receiving and observing massage. We spend the remaining 20% discussing the theory of Raynor massage and other subjects. These include hygiene, professional ethics, contraindications, the theory of hand and foot reflexology and the qualities of different aromatherapy oils.
Our students don’t just learn to massage the common parts of the body, such as the neck, back, arms and legs. We believe that it’s important that you learn the significance of hand and feet massage, scalp and face massage and most importantly, abdominal massage. Japanese medicine considers the abdomen to be the hara, or centre, of a human being. Therefore, abdominal massage can bring positive effects to the clients physical and emotional well being.
Get Accredited & Insured
Our courses are accredited with the International Institute for Complementary Therapies, The Massage Association of Australia, and the International Natural Therapies Association. You can get insured to practice massage in New Zealand after completing our courses, read more from our dedicated insurance and accreditation page here.
Our Courses In Nelson
We’ve been teaching massage in New Zealand for more than 15 years. Our earliest courses were in Christchurch, and more recently we’ve held massage retreats in Hanmer Springs. We try to offer courses on both the North and South islands, scroll below to see upcoming times and locations.
If our locations are not convenient for you, we can also travel to you and teach a custom massage course. We usually require a minimum of four people to deliver a personalized course. If you’re interested but not sure, feel free to email us and we can walk you through your options or put your name down for any future Raynor Massage Courses near you.
We would love to hear from you if you’d like to learn more! Contact us to learn more about our massage courses in Nelson.
Natural Therapies Courses
We also offer courses that teach other natural therapies. Have a look at our Wholefood Nutrition course, Vegan Nutrition Course, Herbal Medicine course, Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine, Flower Essences, Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology course and Naturopathy course. We’ve designed these as correspondence courses so you can complete them at your own pace.
Our training is enriching and of real value to our students’ careers and therapeutic practice. If you’d like to learn more, then scroll down to read reviews from past students.
Our Upcoming Massage Courses
Sorry, there are no upcoming courses currently scheduled for this area. Please contact us to register your interest.