Raynor massage is one of the world’s most cutting edge styles of massage therapy drawing upon ancient traditions like shiatsu,Thai massage and Ayurvedic massage with very powerful deep tissue massage techniques and foot and hand reflexology combined with abdominal massage to make a thorough and powerfully transformative healing art.
Massage Course starting on December 10 in Auckland
We are holding a Raynor Massage Certificate and Diploma Massage Course in Auckland starting on December 10, 2018 in Browns Bay. We are currently having a special on the courses with our Certificate course reduced from $2595 to $2395 and our Diploma course reduced by $700 from $3995 to $3295. Please read more about our 5 day Raynor Massage Certificate Course or the 10 day combined Raynor Massage Certificate and Diploma classes.
You can train with us in our short and intensive courses designed to get you massaging quickly and effectively. Our massage courses in Auckland do not burden you with written exams and irrelevant material, instead a Raynor massage teacher will demonstrate a Raynor bodywork technique followed by the students massaging each other while the instructor gives individual feedback. By the end of the first day of the course, you will have already given and received a massage. Our expert teachers will give you constant advice and support as you learn this unique massage style.
Our massage courses are accredited and you can get insured
Our courses are accredited with the International Institute for Complementary Therapies, The Massage Association of Australia , and the International Natural Therapies Association. You can get fully insured and set up a business or work for someone else after completing our course.
Here is a massage video of Brandon updating one of his teachers on the latest techniques of Raynor massage
Our Massage Courses in Auckland
Raynor Massage Certificate Course
The 5 day Raynor Massage Certificate Courses is a great way to get started in a new career as a Raynor massage therapist. Its teaches all the nuts and bolts of what you need to know to do an excellent Raynor massage treatment.
Raynor Massage Diploma Course
The 10 day Raynor massage Diploma Courses teaches additional information to the Certificate Course. the first 5 days are the same but the second half of the course focuses on joint mobilisation techniques, reflexology, aromatherapy, extra practice and a student clinic.
Raynor Massage Advanced Diploma Course
The Advanced course is for graduates of the Diploma course and focuses on advanced Raynor massage techniques such as strategy and diagnosis, rhythm and flow. emotional release work, neck adjustments and more.
Learn to massage in the Raynor method of massage
Raynor Massage is very different to most other massage therapies available. It has a holistic understanding of the body, recognizing that both physical and emotional tension will have a negative impact on the physical body. People seek massage treatments for many reasons whether it due to stress, pain or restriction in mobility. Raynor Massage does not just treat the part of the body where that pain or restriction is felt or perform a light ‘relaxation massage’ designed to give short term relief. Instead, it is important to find the root of that problem and then to get rid of the tension that is leading to that problem to be felt.
We train our practitioners to locate and feel bands of tension in the body, similar to meridians, and release them where there are held. This can be a physical release, allowing the body to move freely again, and it can also be an emotional release if the cause of the problem was a result of a trauma or experience that has caused the person to ‘tighten’ in order to continue. By treating the problem at its root, you can assist your clients in a deep healing process by allowing them to experience true relaxation and release.
Our massage courses in Auckland are designed to allow you to develop both your massage skills and your confidence quickly so that you will be able to provide your clients with an effective treatment to get to the source of their tension.
A common question we receive is: “How can I possibly learn to massage in 10 days?”
The simple answer is you will learn through observing, doing and receiving massage. And of course, practice, practice, practice!
- Come ready to give and receive lots of massage as you will be massaging each day of the course. As a student and practitioner you will learn much from receiving massage treatments by your instructor and classmates.
- Develop your sense of touch and do not just intellectualise massage theory provided in the course. We do not spend hours teaching Latin names for muscles and there are no written exams, instead we focus on training you how to find, feel and get rid of tension in the body. Through practice, you will develop your sense of touch with in hands so that you treat someone safely and effectively.
- Learn effective massage techniques whether its how to get a knot of the back, relieving a headache or soothing aching feet. We will teach you how to utilise different parts of your body (elbow, thumbs, fingers, knuckles, feet), body weight and massage tools to effectively get rid of tension and avoid massage fatigue.
- Master the 10 qualities that will make you a successful massage therapist. Massage techniques and skills are only one aspect of being a successful massage therapist. Even if someone can execute correct techniques, they will not have a successful massage clinic if they have poor verbal communication skills, bad hygiene or no rhythm and flow in a treatment. You will study and be assessed on all 10 qualities.
- Set up your own practice and get insured. You will learn how to set up your own massage practice– from calculating costs, figuring out locations and advertising to learning how to properly keep records of your massage treatments. This will enable you to get massage insurance and start your career immediately.
As long as you have the enthusiasm to massage and desire to help others, you will be amazed at how much you can learn and how effective your massage can be in such a short period of time. Your instructors will provide full support during and after the course.
Learn more about Raynor Massage and how it can be used to help a whole variety of different health problems such as sciatica, lower back pain, frozen shoulder, facial tension, abdominal problems and discomfort, tennis elbow and many more health problems as well as general stress and emotional imbalances.
Testimonials from Graduates of the Raynor Massage School in New Zealand